Last Updated November 1st, 2013
This Website is intended only for adults aged 18 and older, and is not intended for or directed to persons under age 18. ContactMyDoc.com does not collect personal Information through this Website from any person known to be under the age of 18.
You may voluntarily submit information. There may be certain areas in this Website where you can voluntarily submit information, including personal information such as information that could be used to identify or contact you or information about your medical condition ("Personal Information"), to PriceAVisit. If you choose to voluntarily submit information, including Personal Information, to PriceAVisit through this Website, you understand that such information will be transmitted over the Internet. While PriceAVisit has taken reasonable steps to protect any information that you may submit from unauthorized interception and use, the risk of unauthorized interception and use of electronically transmitted information cannot be entirely eliminated. Therefore, there is always a risk of unauthorized interception and use of any information that you submit to PriceAVisit through this Website. If you voluntarily access and use this Website, PriceAVisit will not be responsible for any unauthorized interception and/or use of your information, and YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PRICEAVISIT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, the following categories of information:
- Contact Information, including, but not limited to, e-mail address, phone number and PriceAVisit username and password);
- Demographic Data , including, but not limited to, gender, date of birth and zip code);
- Reason for requesting information on available health care practitioners, date of visit, and other medical information you choose to share with us.
We may store your Internet Protocol Address.We may store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our Website. This information is only used in the aggregate to create broad demographic summaries of website users. For example, the information can be used to let us know what percentage of users come from North or South America. However, our use of the IP addresses does not identify the actual users of this Website.
We may use Web Beacons. In limited circumstances we also may use “Web Beacons” to collect anonymous, non-Personal Information about your use of our Website and third party sites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of emails forspecial promotions and/or newsletters we send to you. “Web Beacons” are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from the user’s browser. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using the Website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, or opening our emails, and for what purposes. Should you choose not to receive the special promotions and/or newsletters, please respond to the first email you receive with your choice decline future emails.
We may use Website Analytics. We may use third party website analytics services in connection with the Website. For example, we record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text that you type into the Website. These website analytics services do not collect Personal Information that you do not voluntarily enter into the Website. These services do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We are using the information collected from these services to find usability problems to make the Website easier to use. The recordings will never identify you or your account. We only record anonymous user information, and we stop such recording before you sign-in or create an account.
Our Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted ("Aggregate Information") to third parties. For example, we may inform one or more third parties who may or may not be an advertiser on our Website regarding the number of users of our Website and the activities they conduct while on our Website. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge such third parties for this information.
Internal Handling of Personal Information
We want your Personal Information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. That is why we have a two-tier system that combines technical safeguards and employee access restrictions. On the technical side, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology to protect the integrity and privacy of the Personal Information you provide to us through the Internet. To take advantage of these technical safeguards, your computer must meet the minimum browser requirements for this Website, which is Netscape 3.0 or Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher. Only authorized employees, agents, representatives, licensees, medical staff, professional staff, and administration of PriceAVisit, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates are permitted access to your Personal Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information like your diagnosis or medical history, you might want to send it by postal mail instead to us or directly to the health care provider that you choose.
- To enable us to verify user credentials in order to maintain reasonable security;
- To provide our editors with information that is useful in developing new features and services for our users;
- To allow us to potentially vary advertising based on user preference, usage preferences, and demographics (please note that you always have the option to opt out of any advertising);
- To enable us to develop and improve the features, content, and services available through the Website.
- To remind of any upcoming or follow-up appointments
- To contact you regarding new Website features, topic-based news alerts, products, and product and service buying opportunities;To generate, update, and maintain a patient profile for you; and
- To provide personalized health information to you.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. COPPA severely restricts what information can be collected from children under the age of 13 absent express parental consent. For this reason, children under the age of 13 in the United States are prohibited from using the Website. The Website is not directed at children, and PriceAVisit does not knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received any information from an individual under the age of 13, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform him or her that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information from our servers.